Friday, July 15, 2011

FRIDAY RECAP!

Hey ya'll! Nicole again, today we continued to work at Riverwood, and we received a list of brand new projects. As soon as we got there we were split up into our small groups (hotel rooms) and given our tasks. Some groups continued to do LOTS of weeding in different areas again, which were spotless when they were finished. Others mulched around the campus, and there was also a lot of cleaning up done. The groups that cut the wood yesterday were the ones who spent most of the day sanding it. After that, a few groups varnished the wood, and finally when I asked Brinn what her group did she said "we made the wood shiny," I knew I couldn't put it any better. One group was able to start building a wall to help protect the amphitheater in the future. Finally, my group cleaned all the grassy areas of rocks and sticks and finished by clearing a part of the woods where a team building activity for the kids would be.

About half way through the day I headed back to get the supplies we needed for our new projects and I had the privilege of walking past most groups as they were working. Never (not an exaggeration) did I ever see anyone standing around or even taking much of a break. I have never been more proud of our team than I was when I saw them working today. We knew before we all started we had a ton to do today, and that we also had another list of things to do tomorrow IF we finished our work today. No one on our team thought that 'if' was an option, not finishing never crossed their minds. As we were getting on the bus, Johnny told us how proud he was because everyone absolutely killed it today! I know the Riverwood directors were shocked by how much was accomplished! Now sitting on the bus, as I'm writing this everyone is sharing stories of what their group did today to other groups. I love that even though most people are split up during the day, we always come back together in the end remembering we are one phenomenal team! Seriously these kids and leaders are incredible! Now we are headed back to the hotel to clean up before heading off to the food court for dinner, then... Team fun night!! But it's a surprise, so you will hear all about it tomorrow! :)

3 comments:

  1. Way to Go Chicago Team! Looked at the photos and the comments, great to see all you are accomplishing. Doing Good and Doing God - What a week!
    We are proud of you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys are doing tough work over there! I'm so impressed! I love the picture of Hunter S. and his group holding power tools!! haha!! That was awesome! I'm sure you guys are super tired by this time in the week. You are making a huge impact on Chicago by creating beautiful space for those kids to see Jesus! Way to go! Be strong in Jesus today...I'm praying for you! Hunter keep smilin' as your workin'! Love it!! Megs, I love the braids!! Dad, Heather, Taylor, Tucker & I miss you guys a TON!! Its just not the same here without you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just writing a verse in my journal and thought of the Chicago Team.

    ...let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16

    That is what you have done all this week!
    Keep Shining Chicago Team!

    Love, Mom Marzke

    ReplyDelete